The BROTHER-SISTER relationship is full of love, arguments, fights, and care. No words can describe the immense love and unbreakable bond between the brothers and sisters in this world. To celebrate this beautiful strong bond everyone is waiting every year to celebrate a festival called “Raksha Bandhan”. A grand celebration held every year in the homes in north India.
DIFFERENCES IN PREVIOUS YEARS RAKHI AND 2020 RAKHI
Every year we all enjoyed this festival with grand celebrations and had a party in our houses with our relatives who came to our house or we visited them. Are we going to celebrate this 3rd August 2020 like the way we used to do, or Rakhi 2K20 is different? Are we going to celebrate this Raksha Bandhan with wearing Masks and Gloves? Or we are using sanitizer over everything. Seems funny, know!! Many questions arise in our minds…
Yes, we all are in a Pandemic Situation where we have to maintain ‘Social Distance’, and also follow some guidelines to keep ourselves and our near and dear ones safe.
HOW TO CELEBRATE A SAFE 2K20 RAKSHA BANDHAN?
Generally, on this day every sister applies ‘Tikka’ on the forehead of their brothers, tie the sacred thread called ‘Rakhi’ on the wrist of their brothers, do ‘Aarti’ and pray to God for their good health and long life. The thread is not a common one, it holds love and sentiment, which means a “Bond of Protection”. Moreover, in return, every brother vows to look after their sisters and give gifts to them.
In this COVID-19 situation, where we all are bound to not to purchase anything from outside, then how can we celebrate this or from where we can purchase Rakhi, Sweets, and Gifts? A tough situation occurs for everyone.
Don’t worry here I’m with a solution for everyone so that every individual can celebrate this festival with lots of fun and happiness.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE RAKHI?
In this pandemic situation, it is not a good idea to buy a RAKHI from the market. Another option is to buy online, but is it safe too? No, it would be risky, don’t worry! Not an issue…
You need 10 minutes to make a beautiful handmade hygienic RAKHI for your BROTHER.
Take a MOLI THREAD (available at home) and any PEARL / STONES (from your old unused things). Take a MOLI THREAD and cut it by taking approx measurement and tie the KNOT at the one-fourth of the thread. Then take any NEEDLE or PIN and start string at least 8-10 PEARLS/ STONES in the thread. And then tie the KNOT from another side at the one-fourth of thread. And your BEAUTIFUL SIMPLE RAKHI is ready.
This RAKSHA BANDHAN doesn’t attract towards fancy stuff, use simple elegant RAKHIS, and STAY SAFE.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SWEETS?
My brother loves to eat ‘GULAB JAMUN’, so I’m going to make it for him and also share an easy recipe with you.
· SUJI – 1 BOWL
· MILK- 1 CUP
· SUGAR- 3 BOWL
· OIL (REFINED OIL)- 1 BOWL
· WATER- 1 LITRE
· PISTACHIOS/ ALMONDS
STEPS OF MAKING:
1. Take a bowl full of SUJI and pour MILK, and then make dough of it.
2. Make small BALLS with the dough.
3. In one pan put the OIL and heat it, and in another pan boil WATER and add SUGAR in it.
4. Stir the mixture of WATER and SUGAR, and boil this on low flame until the syrup turns sticky.
5. Then deep fry the BALLS in the oil on low flame till they get brown-golden color.
6. After frying the BALLS, dip the BALLS into the SUGAR SYRUP.
7. Put them aside for 2-3 hours, till they get cool.
8. Garnish them with chopped PISTACHIOS/ ALMONDS.
9. ‘GULAB JAMUNS’ are ready to Serve and Eat.
WHAT TO GIVE IN A GIFT AND FROM WHERE TO PURCHASE?
· You can give assorted gift hampers full of homemade COOKIES, BROWNIES CHOCOLATES, DONUTS, CUPCAKES, CUSTOMISED CAKES, and many more things. You can search in your area about the person who makes homemade hygiene stuff and can contact them, or you can also contact me for ‘Assorted Gift Hampers’ @email@example.com.
· You can give Handmade Album full of memories you shared with each other by doing a little craftwork.
· If you have a Rose plant in your house, you can also make a Bouquet of Roses and Chocolates.
· You can make handmade Photo Frames with the help of tissue papers (easily available at home).
· You can make HANDMADE CARDS with creative ideas, or can make PERSONALISED BOX full of Messages and Pictures.
· If your sister or brother is a nature lover then a Plant can be a good gift. There are plants like Bamboo for Good Health, Money Plants for Prosperity, Jade for Peace, and much more.
· You can cook their Favorite Food.
In this way you can celebrate the festival in safe manner.
STAY SAFE, STAY HOME, ENJOY TOO!!!